In 1986, as a part of the Lions Cancer Control Fund of Indiana, Inc., state-wide project, the Patient Advocacy Program was created. For more than three decades this personalized service has served thousands of cancer patients and family members.
Services provided, but are not limited to:
- Personalized, timely patient referrals at Indiana University School of Medicine
- Personal navigation and non-medical emotional patient support from the initial contact through consultation, imaging, surgery and treatment process
- Statewide cancer education and awareness presentations are conducted, saving lives, and promoting early detection.
- Services are provided at no charge to patients, and caregivers
- Services are intended to ease the transition from “newly diagnosed” cancer patient throughout their cancer survivorship.
Everyone in the state of Indiana should realize that they have a personal contact at Indiana University School of Medicine. If physician’s referral, information, educational presentations, are needed, please contact Lion Dottie Flack with the information listed below.
Lion Dottie Flack
Lion’s Liaison and Patient Advocate
Dept. of Radiation Oncology
Indiana University School of Medicine